American Rose Society Voting Underway
Voting in the election for American Rose Society Vice President has begun. Here is a detailed explanation to guide you through the process
1. Find your unique six-digit voter identification number on your May/June issue of the American Rose magazine or in a separate letter as described below.
2. Make sure it is your number and not that of your spouse or other member of your household (every member has a unique number).
3. Go to www.rose.org - click on the box at the top that says "VOTE" (See graphic opposite.) That will take you to the voting website, the direct URL of which can also be accessed at this link ARS Vote
4. Enter your unique six-digit number.
5. Type your name EXACTLY as it appears on your mailing label.
6. Select your candidate on the drop down menu for Vice-President
7. Vote on the By-Laws amendment and in any applicable district or regional director contest.
8. Fill in your address information in the spaces under the caption "For verification purposes please fill in the following information below."
9. Double check that your ID number and name are correct.
10. Click on the box that says "Submit."
11. A screen saying "Registration Successful" will appear.
12. An email will arrive immediately in your in-box from 2015-ARS-TRIENNIAL-ELECTION@rose.org that says Your vote has been recorded.
Spring 2015 Edition of Rose Exhibitors' Forum
The Spring 2015 issue of Rose Exhibitors' Forum is available in the Members Only area of the ARS website .
You will need the password to access the latest issue. It is found on the Departments page in your latest issue of the American Rose.
Edited by Robert B. Martin Jr., Rose Exhibitors’ Forum is a quarterly bulletin of the American Rose Society that reports results of official ARS rose shows and publishes informative articles of interest to rose exhibitors. This current issue consisting of 110 pages presents the annual articles on Top Exhibition Roses of 2014 and Queens of Show (2010-2014). The issue also includes a comprehensive article on Single Minifloras,. In addition, the issue announces the winner of the 2015 Hedrick Award and presents additional articles of interest to exhibitors, including the long-running column, Notes on a Show Schedule.
2015 Official List Available as Download
The Official List of Approved Exhibition Names for Exhibitors & Judges is available in electronic form for $15 as a pdf on the American Rose Society website. It may be found in the store under the “Shop” tag – click on New Products once you enter the Store.
This version can easily be used on your portable electronic devices when you are judging or entering roses.
Combined Rose List 2015 Available
The Combined Rose List 2015 was published on 8 April 2015 and is now available for immediate shipment at$25 per copy. Further details are available here. To order send your check in the amount of $25 per copy to Peter Schneider, Box 677, Mantua, Ohio 44255, or order by Paypal here.
Rose Exhibitors' Forum on Facebook
Roseshow.com and the ARS Quarterly Rose Exhibitors' Forum are now integrated with a Facebook page that functions as a blog and forum for rose show results and information on showing roses, as well as outstanding photographs of winning exhibition roses of all types. To date the Facebook page has generated 1,770 likes from an international audience. Join us and like us. Click here to view the Facebook page.
Horizon Roses 2014
Horizon Roses is a compilation of comments by the nation's top rose exhibitors on the exhibition potential of the newest hybrid teas, floribundas, miniflora and miniature roses. For most exhibitors, it has long been considered the indispensible guide to buying new show roses.
Horizon Roses 2014 contains a record 1,691 reports by a record 94 reporters from 31 different states on the exhibition potential of 249 roses introduced in the last five years. The reports include 41 new roses not mentioned in prior issues. All comments are candid and reported in the words of the reporter. Supplementing the comments are individual photographs of 165 roses. The reports are set forth alphabetically and include statistics of the current show results of the reported varieties. In addition, information is provided on known sources.
The 2014 edition of Horizon Roses is available exclusively in electronic format for Kindle at a price of $7.99. It can be ordered at Amazon.com here.
Those who do not have a Kindle can download the free Kindle Reading App for their iPad, iPhone, Android phone or whatever else you read on by clicking here:
In the alternative, those who want a PDF version can mail a check for $7.99 payable to Roseshow Investments, LLC , 3291 Old Oak tree Ln, Escondido, CA 92026
Site last updated July 4, 2015